Friday, December 17, 2010

Home for the Holidays

That's right, I'm home!!  Unfortunately, my plan did not go as I thought it would.  On Tuesday in the middle of the night, I went to the Health Center at my college with a 101.4 fever.  I stayed there over night into the next day and had to miss my finals on Wednesday and Thursday and came home early to see my own doctor.  Knowing that what I have is only viral, I just have to wait it out.  


What's a better way to do that than spending endless hours watching Christmas movies!?  So far I've watched Santa Clause 2, Santa Clause 3, This Christmas, Elf, and now I'm onto the Grinch.  Hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow, because I have a big day planned with my family!  We're going to go shopping during the day (because its so hard to shop while I've been away) and watch White Christmas and make cookies at night.  Watching White Christmas is a tradition my family has had since my sister and I were little.  But for some reason, as I get older, I can't manage to not fall asleep during the movie.  This could be because we start it later and later each year.  But this year, I'll make it through the whole thing, and maybe even get up to sing and dance while watching it.  


Although I'm still feeling ill, it feels great to be home with my mom, dad, sister, and grandma.  Their love is going to get me better in no time.  Hopefully I'll be able to blog in a few days saying I'm feeling brand new.


There truly is no place like Home for the Holidays,
brown eyed girl

No comments:

Post a Comment