Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hey, Sailors.

Yesterday marked the beginning of Fleet Week in NYC, when active military ships dock and the crews visit many tourist attractions throughout the city.  This makes many New York City girls very happy. I took a trip into the city yesterday and was delighted by the amounts of Marine and Navy men on every corner of Times Square.

My day started by joining my sister's school's Culture Day with a trip to the city to see Anything Goes on Broadway.  My mom and I had lunch at a pizzeria, Bella Vita, where I had a great grilled chicken panini.  We then met up with the rest of the girls in the Stephen Sondheim theatre on West 43rd Street.  The play had so many great musical numbers, with a lot of tap dancing.  I'm so glad I got to see it!

After the play I stayed in the city to meet up with my two of my best friends.  One of my friends is leaving for Italy for six weeks tomorrow, so we wanted one last night out in the city before she left.  We walked around Times Square for a while waiting for three of my other friends and decided on eating dinner at Olive Garden in Times Square.  After that we walked around the city a little more and then headed home (after taking pictures with some Marines of course).

It was definitely a fun filled day, enjoying summertime in the city!


- Brown Eyed Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment