Saturday, June 30, 2012

Not a Tourist Anymore

Yesterday I had such an eventful day.  My team and I had a Company BBQ at my boss' house in Hastings-on-Hudson.  I was a little worried about the commute, but I successfully made it!  I was able to sleep a little later, so my commute started at around 10am.  I took my regular express bus into Bryant Park (one of my favorite areas of the city btw) and then walked to Grand Central Station.  Of course I had to stop for my morning Starbucks on the way and got a tall iced Chai tea latte with whipped cream :)  My bus arrived a little early so I had a nice amount of extra time left to wait around the station, so I explored a little.  I then met up with some of my co-workers and we took a 40 minute Metro North train.  The BBQ was great and it was so nice getting to be with my co-workers out of the office and not having to be working that day.  I then successfully made the trip home as well.  I came home to some friends of my family in the backyard and pizza waiting for me.  All-in-all it was a nice Friday-- and now it's the weekend!  This weekend I'll be relaxing, hanging by the pool, and maybe some shopping.  What are your weekend plans?

-Brown Eyed Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment