Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's Live!!!

On Tuesday I had the pleasure of waking up at 4:30 am.


Why you ask?  Because my mom, sister, and I were going to see Live with Kelly and Michael!!!!  My mom and had both applied to get tickets and two weeks ago my mom got a letter with a confirmation ticket. We were so excited!  So we woke up at 4:30, drove to the bus stop and took a 5:40 express bus. We got off at 42nd and 6th and walked to Times Square to take a train up to the studio in Columbus Circle. We got there around 6:30 and right on line. The doors opened at 7:45 and then we were let to wait inside until 8:30. At 8:30 we were finally allowed into the studio!!! We got great seats.




It was so awesome to watch a live taping. Kelly and Michael are so nice in person and so friendly!! We got to watch the live taping for Tuesday and then they taped some segments for another day. It was such a great experience!



After lunch we met up with my friend Kim and her mom. Kim and I danced together when we were very little and Kim moved when we were young too. Once we were both in the Facebook world, we connected again! (See, Facebook is good for something!). We had our first reunion the winter of our freshman year. Since then we have taken a swing dance class together, and met up in the city while I was interning last summer. We hadn't seen each other for a year but keep in touch through texting. Kim and I share an obsession for Lauren Conrad, and we both have blogs now!  So we always have something to talk about. Kim even inspired me to try spinning!  It's crazy to think that a friendship that began through dance at the age of 4, was put on pause, but now live again!


For lunch we met in Times Square and had lunch at The Counter. It was so yummy!  Their big thing is burgers. So I got a veggie burger over a salad. Kim's mom suggested to get an appetizer of Parmesan fries. Now these were AMAZING!! What a great decision.



That night I came home to celebrate a long-time friend, Kristen's 21st birthday. We went to a Mexican restaurant called Jose Tejas in Woodbridge, NJ which isn't too far from us. I've been there a couple of times before, but this was the first time I was able to legally drink!! The atmosphere is so fun, so it was a great dinner. We went back to Kristen's house for cake and to play Minion Monopoly. (She's a huge Despicable Me fan). It was such a fun time.

 My Frozen Strawberry Margarita!

Tuesday was such a busy, fun-filled day.  I love days like this!  

Now today is August!!! Which means school is around the corner. I have so much to get ready!

What are you looking forward to in August?

Xoxo, 
Brown Eyed Girl

Ps.  Check out Kim's blog!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad I got to see you all! I had a nice time and loved reading about the rest of your day.
    August always leaves me excited for Aruba!!

    ReplyDelete