Tuesday, December 31, 2013

3, 2, 1...

Happy New Year's Eve! I'm one of those people that absolutely LOVES New Year's! A holiday dedicated to celebrating the past year and looking forward to the year to come. Last night I watched New Year's Eve in order to prepare myself for tonight :)

For the past 11 years, my family has celebrated New Year's with my best friend, Christina, and her family. It is a great tradition that I look forward to every year. I feel I am an expert at this holiday, so I've put together some must-haves for a killer New Year's:

1. Spectacular outfit-- I found the best shirt at Forever 21 yesterday. It is black with gold sparkle words "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow." I was looking for something sparkly to ring in the new year, and this shirt was the perfect balance of cute and inspirational with the quote. I am going to pair it with blue jeans and I'm still deciding between my black heels and black booties. I am also going to paint my nails a black color with gold sparkles, that I got from Urban Outfitters for Christmas.
2. Some bubbly-- We all know that I am a big fan of Champagne; so of course this will be my drink of choice tonight!
3. Friends and family by your side-- Who better to celebrate the New Year than with your loved ones?
4. A camera-- Last year, New Year's was at my house, and I set up my camera in the corner as we counted down to midnight and set the camera timer to take pictures! It was so fun to look at them after.
5. A TV, set to New Year's Rockin' Eve-- Not only do I love it because we get to watch the ball drop, but it's held in Times Square, one of my favorite places.

Here is a quote I wanted to leave off with from the end of New Year's Eve.

"Sometimes it feels like there are so many things we can't control, earthquakes, floods, reality shows. But it's important to remember the things we can, like foregiveness, second chances, fresh starts. Because the one thing that turns the world from a lonely place to a beautiful place, is love. Love in any of its forms. Love gives us hope, hope for the New Year. That's New Year's Eve to me. Hope, and a great party." - Sam, New Year's Eve

This is the perfect quote for me because I have such a hard time of letting go of fear, and living. This is something I will continue to work on in the new year. I will be back tomorrow with a list of my New Year's Resolutions!

What are your plans for the evening?

Xoxo,
Brown Eyed Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment