Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sunny days and musical nights: my weekend filled with beach days and concert nights!

Hello Bloggers!

Sorry I have been a little absent lately.  This weekend was very busy, but it a good way!  Thursday and Friday were both spent on the beach and on Saturday and Sunday I went to concerts.

Thursday I reunited with a close family friend, Chelsea, who I haven't seen for a few months.  It was so nice to catch up with her and spend the day on the beach!  The next day I returned to the beach with two of my best friends Samantha and Kristen.  Both days had perfect beach weather-- it was 90 degrees but with a little breeze which made it bearable.  I got a little burnt both days but I know that it'll soon turn into tan!

Beautiful beach

Saturday night my mom, sister, and I went to a Pitbull & Ke$ha concert!  My sister is a huge Pitbull fan so she was very excited.  The concert was in Long Island and it was very very cold-- so cold, that we had to buy a Pitbull blanket!  Despite the weather, he put on a great show.

My sister and I with our new Pitbull blanket

Sunday was concert day two!  My friends Christina, Samantha, and Stephanie, and I went to see Rascal Flatts and the Band Perry at a venue in Jersey.  After a delayed start (the doors didn't open until an hour after they were supposed to) we got seats on the lawn and then grabbed a bite to eat.  The show opened with Cassadee Pope, a winner of the Voice!  She had such an amazing voice.  Next was the Band Perry who was also great!  While they were on, we started to see some lightning here and there and the clouds starting getting dark.  Finally was Rascal Flatts!  Unfortunately, it began raining a little and the weather was pretty bad at home, so we decided to head out and beat the crowds. 

The girls and I waiting online
All in all, it was such a great weekend!  I'm hoping this is what the rest of my summer will be filled with: friends and fun!

Xoxo,
Brown Eyed Girl

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun!! Need to meet up soon. :) We will have to meet for drinks since we will both be turning 21!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes definitely!! Can't wait :) lets definitely meet up sometime in June!!

    ReplyDelete